About the race
Test yourself against a global community of trail runners and take part in the UTMB® Virtual 170, a serious ultra-challenge over 170km with 10,000 meters of elevation gain. Based on the pinnacle UTMB® race, runners can complete the distance over several goes or in one go from anywhere in the world. The real-time ranking will allow you to run against trail runners from across the globe and to celebrate your achievements together in a fun and dynamic way.
And there is even a chance to be on the start line in Chamonix in 2021, as three finishers of the UTMB® Virtual 170 will be awarded a place at the UTMB® race of the 2021 UTMB® Mont-Blanc through a virtual draw.
Since 2019, UTMB® has collaborated with the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) to balance outdoor activities with the environmental issues of the territories. Together we develop and promote alternative solutions for the entire trail running industry in relation to food consumption, transport, waste minimization and public awareness.
Entry into the UTMB® Virtual 170 race is free, but we invite you to donate the amount of your choice to support WWF projects.
- To become a Finisher, you must run 170 km with 10,000 meters of elevation gain or the equivalent of 270 Kilometer-effort. Kilometer-effort means that for any gain of 100m in elevation, one kilometer is added to the distance of the route.
- The Virtual Race must be completed by walking/running (average speed of 17 km/h max and top speed of 22 km/h max)
- The Virtual Race can be completed over several runs or in one go.
- The ranking is calculated on the overall timing on the basis of the GPX tracks provided between the first run (start) and the last run (finish). Thus, runners who choose to complete the Virtual Race in one single run will be ahead of those who have completed it in several runs.
- In the event of a tie, the activity time (= time in motion) will be taken into consideration.
Every runner who completes UTMB® Virtual 170 will be entered into a special draw to gain entry into the UTMB® race of the 2021 UTMB® Mont-Blanc with three places available. The winners will in any case need to have their up to date qualifying points to take the start of this race.
- You are responsible for your own race and GPS / tracking system.
- All runners participate under their own responsibility. Physical activity requires good training and all participants declare that they are healthy and fit for the challenge
|Rank||Bib||Name||Nationality||Cat||Rank sex||Rank cat.||Progression||Time||Activity Time|
|1||289||Jiří VAINERT|| |
|SE H||1||1||100%||30:13:27||30:13:27||See dashboard|
|2||1920||Takashi DOI|| |
|SE H||2||1||100%||32:00:55||32:00:22||See dashboard|
|3||827||Kaori NIWA|| |
|SE F||1||1||100%||39:14:36||39:14:36||See dashboard|
|4||360||Carmen Maria MONTAÑO LEZAMA|| |
|SE F||2||2||100%||47:51:34||03:05:49||See dashboard|
|5||477||Sérgio CATARINO|| |
|SE H||3||2||100%||62:18:56||62:18:56||See dashboard|
|6||631||Andrew SMITH|| |
|SE H||4||1||100%||63:39:01||43:25:37||See dashboard|
|7||1837||Elisabeth BORGERSEN|| |
|SE F||3||1||100%||75:58:55||26:53:38||See dashboard|
|8||143||François FANUEL|| |
|SE H||5||3||100%||79:15:11||36:37:50||See dashboard|
|9||144||Vincent DELEBARRE|| |
|SE H||6||2||100%||79:16:07||37:23:25||See dashboard|
|10||1382||Giulio IACHETTI|| |
|SE H||7||2||100%||81:59:14||55:09:33||See dashboard|